Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The cat came back

There is a song that was written many years ago with words that go something like this:

"The cat came back.......he didn't stay away
The cat came back........the very next day"

When I went to bed on Sunday night, the two remaining baby birds were fine. At midnight I went out by flashlight to check on them and found that they were okay. However, when I got up Monday morning, the nest was empty.

While I am sorry that this blog is ending this way, it is a good example of the cycle of life. Last year the birds in the nest that I photographed grew to maturity and did just fine. This year however, a predator was able to get to this nest. There are many great lessons that we can learn from this experience, perhaps one of them being that many things happen that are out of our control. Perhaps this lesson alone has been of value to us all.

Thank you for looking into this blog.

No comments: